See: Program, Family
The Shtetl Butrimantz
- 8:30 Leave hotel for Paneriai
- 9:00-10:00 Paneriai killing complex at the edge of Vilnius
- 10:00-10:30 Travel to Trakai
- 10:30-12:00 Visit to Trakai
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch in Trakai at a Karamaite restaurant
- 13:00-14:15 Travel to Butrimonys. It's a scenic road. On the way, a quick stop at my village Eiciunai to see my funky house.
- 14:15-15:00 Visit to old Jewish cemetery
- 15:00-16:00 Tour of Butrimonys old town and cultural center, likely with Mayor Algirdas Jusas. Snacks and, hopefully, a photo exhibit of Butrimonys Jewish life.
- 16:00-17:00 Walk to killing fields with local Lithuanians.
- 17:00-17:45 Visit a killing field and ride back to Butrimonys
- 17:45-20:15 Dinner in Butrimonys (at the art gallery) with locals.
- 20:15-22:00 Return to Vilnius.
(Lithuanian - Butrimonys)
- Research into the family tree and visiting the Jewish remains connected with where they lived
- Holocaust history in Lithuania
- A meeting with the mayor if possible
- Sight seeing in and around Vilnius including Trakai Castle
- local culture
To Do? for Andrius and all:
- Talk with Butrimonys historian Danutė Anušauskienė
- Meet with Henrikas and Česlova Kurlavičiai, children of Domicele Kurlavičiene, and make a video tour of the Jewish shtetl with them.
- Talk with Butrimonys mayor Algirdas Jusas.
- Make arrangements for showing the Butrimonys show from the Jewish Museum.
- Do genealogical research in Vilnius.
Websites in English:
An anonymous Jewish girl of Butrimonys
Websites in Lithuanian:
Articles about Butrimonys and the vicinities in Mūsų Lietuva (Our Lithuania) by Bronius Kviklys (Andrius's grandfather).